Sunday, August 28, 2011

stark.

yesterday's events were a bit of a blur. i went through the motions-- i woke up, went for a run, showered, took pictures, went to work, went to a bonfire, and had the privilege to speak with people i love-- but i felt like the real me was hovering somewhere above my body nearly the entire time.
i spent far too much of my night on my enormously messy bedroom floor listening to Dear Prudence by Siouxsie and the Banshees, Motorcycle Drive-By by Third Eye Blind, I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You by Colin Hay, and Helplessly Hoping by Crosby, Stills, and Nash. just some therapeutic tunes to lull my emotions back into my broken heart. it's a horrid thing to be so aware of the anniversary of losing someone i love. it terrifies me to know that there will soon be more death dates to remember, more sadnesses to have; i only have to learn to keep from letting those thoughts rule me. i have far too much fear for a healthy human being.






on a much brighter side of things, i absolutely love my new job at ragstock. the atmosphere is almost something out of the movie Empire Records, my coworkers and managers are wonderful, the music and clothes are fantastic, and i always have something to do. i am getting a bit ill from the abrupt schedule change, but i don't mind at all. bring on the tea and oversized sweaters.
speaking of which, i've been on the hunt for more of my fall and winter wardrobe, and i've come across some spectacular finds to share. more on that later.

in the meantime, i'm just transitioning into fall and putting my american apparel basics to use. i'm also starting to put some more effort into jewelry, which is a bit of a challenge since i firmly go by coco chanel's words to Always Take One Item Off Before You Leave The House. i want to keep things clean and simple, but, of course, interesting. if you like it, let me know here by hitting the hype button on my newest looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment