Sunday, June 3, 2012

one year and one day!

i started out my friday morning with an appointment at my favorite hair salon, a wonderful place by the name of shear chaos, to bleach out my hair. it was time to say goodbye to my cherry locks and hello to something a little more... summer strawberry.

in addition to dying my hair light pink on a whim, i also decided i wanted to dip-dye a suit of sorts. i've seen all sorts of rorschach-type prints on bodies sauntering down the runway lately, and it made me want to try something. i wanted to do a dye job à la dries van noten, only instead of bleaching the denim, i wanted to turn it black. i wanted to make the black meet in the middle of my body, like a rorschach print. i haven't gotten the fabric quite to black yet, but i have gotten it much darker. i'll process the fabric a second time tomorrow, but for now, here's the before and after of both my hair and my clothing!







also, happy birthday to my blog! this little guy has been up and running for exactly one year and one day today. it's amazing what changes i've been through since i started everything here. i never thought i'd have a job. i never thought i'd be preparing for college, or spending proper time with my friends. i never thought i'd be drawing and reading and focusing on real things.
even though this is a record of my creative endeavors, this blog really does track my whole life. here's to another year and more!

... and as a last note, my ebay store is now officially open!! check it out!

music: maliblue -darius

No comments:

Post a Comment