Sunday, March 4, 2012

running around like sprites in slips and tights.










i love making new friends, but i also love making new-old friends. those people i get to know and then fall out of touch with, the people i make the effort to know again, often become the closest to me. i did this shoot with budding photographer and old friend danielle before ducking in to a local coffee shop to grab a mean nicaraguan dark roast for warmth. we wore the same sparkle & fade brand slip in different colors and ended up shooting outside together in thirty-degree temperatures, and even though i was struggling with the feeling in my hands by the end, i haven't had such a good time in a while. my social life is riding smoothly again, my school life is promising, and my work life is rewarding.

an indie playlist i just downloaded introduced me to grimes, and i haven't been able to stop listening to this post's song. singer grimes, a.k.a. claire boucher, has a charming lisp and a fair voice that lilts over her electronic beats. her music makes me think of a world beyond, and her videos give me the same chill. she's a force to reckon with.

until next time,



music: crystal ball -grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment