Friday, December 2, 2011

new cold day.

getting dressed is not simply a way for me to cover myself up-- it's one of my main creative outlets. i feel squelched lately, creatively, emotionally, mentally, and even getting dressed properly has felt like a struggle for me. so many people view clothing catalogues as pamphlets filled with nothing but adverts for items they might be able to afford. i rarely even look at prices. i admire separates, but i use the catalogues as inspiration far over anything else. getting a packet of catalogues in the mail is essentially as good as getting a pair of beautifully made louboutins, a vintage sequin dress, or a new sketchbook. it helps me look at my own clothes, makeup, and jewelry-- the Paints and Crayons for my body-- in a different way.
at some point, i know i want to style for catalogues and magazines. i want to be the inspiration. in the meantime, i'm struggling in and out of these creative potholes. i just want to look upwards and actually move upwards, too.







click each for larger images,
and click here to support me on lookbook. just hit the hype button!

music: miss you -foster the people

1 comment:

  1. Cute outfit. The spider ring was so awesome. We like it!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete